Monday, April 8, 2013


I posted a video on Youtube about my way to use Positiv20 and how I make my PCBs. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2kFazl-aEE

Many people were asking me about the UV exposure device from that video.
It is 100% custom designed and made by me. The ideea was to make a device as small as possible since I have constraints with storage space, so UV sources from heavy duty stuff (UV bulbs, UV fluorescent lamps) with high power demand are excluded.
I opted for a low profile and power efficient solution, so I have chosen the UV led approach. The only problem with it is the price, since high power UV leds are expensive.
In this blog I will present this project, post schematics, BOM and firmware for other enthusiast to build it also.

Device parameters:
   - power input: 12V DC
   - UV source:   2 x 5W 400nm UV LED
   - low power red ambient light
   - 200mm mast length, can project uniform UV light to 200x200mm area
   - controls:  - timer, dimmable UV and ambient light


NOTE:  All rights are reserved related to this design / firmware. You can reproduce it only for personal use. No commercial use is permitted.

1 comment: